Protect Prescriber Prevails
Right now, the New York State Executive Budget for 2019-20 is seeking to repeal important patient protections.
Without Prescriber Prevails, millions of patients who rely on Medicaid will be left without protections for necessary medications. Write to your legislator using the form to the right to let them know how important this policy is for New York State’s most vulnerable population. Want to know more about Prescriber Prevails? Watch this video:
Prescriber Prevails is intended to help ensure that patients receive the most appropriate medications to treat their medical conditions. Health care providers know that patient adherence is critical to improving outcomes, and they rely on Prescriber Prevails to help meet treatment goals.
Without Prescriber Prevails, some of your medications could be restricted from Medicaid coverage, regardless of whether your doctor has determined it’s the best medication for you.
Preserving Prescriber Prevails protections is affordable, right from a health care perspective, and is supported overwhelmingly by New Yorkers:
- American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network
- NAACP NYS Conference
- Hispanic Federation
- Gay Men’s Health Crisis
- Latino Commission on AIDS
- 1 in 9: The Breast Cancer Action Coalition
- Medical Society of the State of New York
- New York Chapter, American College of Physicians
- New York State Academy of Family Physicians
- New York State Osteopathic Medical Society
- Association of Hispanic Mental Health Professionals
- National Association of Black Cardiologists
- NY Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses
- NY State Rheumatology Society
- Mental Heath Association in New York State
- US Pain Foundation
- Northeast Kidney Foundation
- The Coalition of Behavioral Health Agencies, Inc.
- Lupus Foundation of Mid and Northern NY
- Lupus Foundation of Genesee Valley NY, Inc.
- S.L.E. Lupus Foundation
- Lupus Alliance of America, NY Southern Tier Affiliate
- Lupus Alliance of America, Long Island/Queens Affiliate
- Lupus Alliance of America, Upstate NY Affiliate
- Sjögren’s Syndrome Foundation
- NAMI Queens/Nassau
- NAMI NYC Metro
- International Institute for Human Empowerment
- Jewish Board of Family and Children’s Services
- Epilepsy Foundation of Northeastern New York
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- New York MS Coalition Action Network
- American Autoimmune Related Diseases Association
- SKIP of New York, Inc.
- Global Healthy Living Foundation
Write to your legislator today and tell them Prescriber Prevails saves lives.